WINTER BLITZ is back for 2022!
Registration is OPEN!
Our plan is that Winter Blitz 2022 is still going to happen Jan. 21st-23rd in Louisville.
- COVID-19 Protocols: We believe in the ministry of Winter Blitz and the ministry to our youth in the Kentucky Annual Conference. This is an age group that has suffered and continues to suffer immensely during the pandemic from isolation and decreased discipling ministries, among other reasons. Therefore, we believe it is still critically important for Winter Blitz to proceed, following strict COVID-19 guidelines. They are:
- Masks will be required. The Kentucky Fair & Expo Center requires masks, and we will honor that rule as a part of our Christian witness. We will also wear masks to take care of others. Everyone will be given a reusable Winter Blitz mask to wear.
- We will be at 50% or less capacity in the venue, allowing ample room for social distancing. The West Hall seating capacity is 1,900.
- We will have multiple hand sanitizer stations.
- Each group will be considered its own “pod,” and we ask youth leaders to help maintain the social distancing between groups.
- Virtual Option: We also realize that this is a time when some groups may be more cautious than others. That is completely understandable, and we still want to provide you a Winter Blitz experience. This year for the first time we are going to livestream Winter Blitz and provide recordings (if you would rather have your Winter Blitz experience at another time in your local church).
The price will be 50% of the in-person rate and depends on the timing of your registration. The prices are as follows: $22.50 per person for early registration (ended on Dec. 6th), $25 per person for regular registration (ends on Jan. 11th), and $30 per person for late registration (after Jan. 12th).
- Refund Policy: Winter Blitz is a ministry made possible through group ticket purchasing and donations. It requires considerable planning and revenue. Losses incurred negatively impact the Conference budget and our Conference youth ministry. We understand that some things are beyond anyone’s control and may prevent someone from attending, and we want to be sensitive to how this impacts the participant. Below is how we are addressing groups who feel the need to cancel:
- A group that can no longer attend due to COVID-19 or other issues can contact the Winter Blitz Team directly about alternatives including live streaming, event recordings, and potential refunds. This contact should be made prior to the Monday leading up to Winter Blitz (Jan. 17, 2022). The refund checks will be written on Jan. 17, 2022. Leaders may email Youth@KYUMC.org for more information.
- Winter Blitz has traditionally had a zero-refund policy due to the expenses of planning and offering the event. We incur fees for speakers, bands, hotels, venue, sound, lighting, video, etc. to make this event possible for our youth, and we are locked into these expenses regardless of the number of attendees. We ask that you take this into consideration if your group is contemplating canceling.
If you have any other questions or need to request a refund, please email email@example.com. Thank you and we ask you to join with us to lift up in prayer the young people of our Conference.
In Grace and Peace,
Winter Blitz Team
Mark your calendars for January 21-23, 2022 at the Kentucky Fair & Expo Center (West Wing) in Louisville, KY.
Download the Winter Blitz 2022 Flyer!
Lo Alaman, the Poet, will be with us to share "...God’s heart through sermons, art, and thought provoking dialogue."
The musical guests for the weekend will be The Asbury Worship Collective!
The Asbury Worship Collective (AWC) is the performing arm of the Worship Arts program at Asbury, made up of eight student bands who travel around the country and the world, performing in churches, youth groups, camps, and anywhere else that people want to praise the Lord. As an academic major within the School of Communication Arts, the Worship Arts program trains students to use media, music and the arts to engage their culture with the truth and love of Jesus Christ.
Pricing In Person
- $45/person - until December 6th
- $50/person - December 7th - January 11th
- $60/person - January 12th - January 21st at the door
- One All Day Ticket for all of the Saturday sessions and evening concert $40/person at the door (not available online)
After January 20th you may register at the door for $60/person.
Pricing Live Stream
- $22.50/person - until December 6th
- $25/person - December 7th - January 11th
- $30/person - January 12th - January 21st
Payment must be received before a link to the Live Stream will be sent.
Register online and save both time and money!
Check out our new Winter Blitz App! Keep up with the schedule, learn about the speakers, and get up-to-the-minute announcements for the weekend! Just scan the QR Code below or use this link: https://6drws.glideapp.io/
Registration is open!
Need a room for the Winter Blitz Weekend? There is a limited number of rooms available at the special rate at the Crowne Plaza. Use the Group Code: WBA and this link: Winter Blitz 2022 Attendees
The Sacred Space
We have created a Sacred Space prayer experience for individuals as well as groups. Take off your shoes, and come for a time of prayer, worship, healing and rest. There are stations that will guide you in prayer, contemplation, confession, intercession and thanksgiving.
There is a special section set aside for groups that want to pray together as a group. If you use this space, please close the curtains as a way of letting other groups know that the space is in use. You will find liturgy and elements for a time of healing prayer. There will also be towels, a basin and water.
If you would like to make a financial contribution to Winter Blitz, click on the Donate button below. Thank you in advance for your generosity!